OT: speaking of booms & busts

Everyone (sorry science deniers) can take a deep breath and relax. The Big Bang theory (talk about a boom!) is alive and well!

https://www.inverse.com/science/the-latest-webb-observations…

Despite my doubt, I never doubted it for a moment.

The old Tolman surface brightness test (Tsbt) comes to the rescue. I can’t believe I forgot about the Tsbt.

OK, I didn’t forget about. I never ever heard of it. Well, I learn something new every day. In my case, half the things I learn are things I probably knew but forgot. But it still counts as learning something new.

Just to be safe, I labeled this post as OT. However, I think it’s safe to assume that no Big Bang = no Macro Economics! So we’re still on topic.

Admit it Wendy, I gotcha!

AW

9 Likes

<Admit it Wendy, I gotcha!>

LOL!
Great OT and joke. :slight_smile:
Wendy

1 Like

Just to be safe, I labeled this post as OT. However, I think it’s safe to assume that no Big Bang = no Macro Economics! So we’re still on topic.

The Big Bang, if there was one, was so MACRO it does not need an OT at METaR! :wink:

The Captain
doesn’t care one way or the other about that particular bang

(sorry science deniers)

Just because someone dissents about a particular scientific ‘fact’ does not make the dissenter a science denier. To label people as such is an attempt at censorship – just like burning heretics at the stake.

3 Likes

Just because someone dissents about a particular scientific ‘fact’ does not make the dissenter a science denier. To label people as such is an attempt at censorship – just like burning heretics at the stake.

Personally, I am A-OK burning heretics at the stake as long as someone brings the makings for s’mores (with dark chocolate, of course. Milk chocolate is for wimps and science deniers).

AW

2 Likes