Poll: Rank 2030 New Vehicle Sales by Fuel

After much thought, EVs will win the race, I just don’t know when it will happen.

Probably correct on the first part. On the second part, this particular poll specifies an end date. And with that restriction, my vote is definitely for pants.

EVs might NOT (eventually) win the race IF we have some really impressive breakthroughs in turning air, water, and sunlight into synthetic hydrocarbons - such that it’s cheaper than pulling the stuff out of the ground and refining it.

I do not trusts these EV polls because some people purposely vote to screw up the results.

PSU said he did that on my poll about a 3 weeks ago (1/17/2022).

“How do you know that people on this board have not tired of your renewable posts so they messed with your poll by picking not picking that choice? I know of one poster that picked coal just to do that.”

Jaak

1 Like

Sounds like more range issues. We do a lot of rural travel and range is a big deal to us as well.

IP

Driving range is why we bought a Toyota Hybrid as some of the states we drive to have high gas taxes. When you add the high state gas tax on to an already increasing commodity price you get a per gallon price of $3.50 to $3.75 at a $90/barrel oil price. Right now we fill up our SUV in NH, which has a low gas tax, then are able to drive 5 hours and still have a quarter tank of gas left.

If the $100/barrel oil price prediction comes true look for $4+/gallon which will give a $100+ fill up cost for your pickup.

Who believes they will never buy an EV, until they do.

OTFoolish

1 Like

Since I communicate frequently with rural US, especially farmers and blue collar people, I know their attitude towards EVs and it’s not a good one.

At some point they will realize that an EV (as their next replacement, not as an additional vehicle) might save them money over the long-term. I just replaced an ICE sedan with an EV sedan, $10 of gasoline got me about 50 miles of driving in the ICE, and now $10 of electricity gets me over 250 miles of driving in the EV. The two cars in question are generally equivalent 4-door sedans.

2 Likes

I just replaced an ICE sedan with an EV sedan, $10 of gasoline got me about 50 miles of driving in the ICE, and now $10 of electricity gets me over 250 miles of driving in the EV. The two cars in question are generally equivalent 4-door sedans.

=============================================================

And now you will also save on maintenance (oil/filter changes, air filter changes, spark plug changes, and many other ICE requirements), no more SMOG inspection tests, and no more stinking exhaust fumes.

Jaak