Portfolio update 4/15/19

Portfolio Update 4/15/19 as of 6 PM.

It’s been a month since I posted my March portfolio update found here; https://discussion.fool.com/retirementdough-portfolio-update-315…

I have found doing these updates is helping me keep better records of my investing thought processes over the past few months. Much like keeping a journal in life when you re-read in the future it helps you remember what your thoughts were at the time of writing. Hopefully others find this helpful as well.

My portfolio monies are all in tax free accounts; Roth IRA, HSA, ESA. Thus I do not worry about tax consequences of my trading actions.

Current Portfolio as of 4/15/19.  	  Change since 3/14/19  +2.6%.  	 2019 YTD +29.9%.

Stock		Current	      % of Port	      % Change 		                        Market	
		% of Port	on 3/15	   in port since 3/15	   	                Cap

CASH		 46.9		34.4 	         +12.5						
NTNX		 10.4		13.8		  -3.8					7.3B
TWLO		 14.4		15.1		  -0.7				       15.1B
AYX		  9.9		18.7		  -8.8					5.3B
ZS		 13.9		14.2		  -0.3		   			8.3B
CLNE		  0.8		 0.1		     0					644M
NVTA		  3.7		 3.5		  +3.5					2.0B

New positions since last portfolio update: None

Exited positions since last update: None

Trades between 3/14-4/15

Bought 	        	CLNE		3/21			3.19

Sold   			NTNX		3/25			40.52
			AYX		3/25			80.81

Thoughts on trades and companies for the month.

I am a blueberry grower who farms in Florida, thus this month I have been working 100+ hour weeks. I have not had much time for stocks, which is reflected in my trades for this month. I have obviously built up a large cash holdings, more than I honestly intended. However due to the lack of time currently, it will remain unallocated.

I really wanted to study the investor day information from NTNX just have not had the time, so my position sits and waits. Everything else I feel comfortable with currently. I am interested in ZM IPO, although again not having time to read up on the companies financials. I have over the years tried to train myself to identify businesses based on when other people recommend a service or product to me. First time I heard of Zoom was a few months ago when a friend said I should set it up for a meeting. I took mental note of potentially investing in the company and then looked it up to see it was private. I was excited to see it come up as a potential company on the board discussions.

Going to keep this short as I feel I have not much of value to share this month.

12 Likes