Repetitive posts and no escape

In the lists of Unread orNew posts, there is no way to do what used to be handy way to reduce the clutter of topics of little or no interest, the “Mark Read” button. It’s not here any more, is needed to maybe help narrow the interests a bit… Please return it.

2 Likes

Press the dismiss button at the bottom of the list. (After you have read the posts of interest. All remaining will be removed from the list.)

4 Likes

I do this more on the Premium (paid) side than here, but anyway…

Most of the messages I don’t want to read are under Stocks A to Z (free side) and Talking Stocks (premium). When I click on that I get a list of the New topics, almost all for companies I don’t care about. I go down the list and read all the ones I do care about. When the list is down to just the ones I don’t, I hit the Dismiss New button. After than it is mostly things I track, manageable.

3 Likes

I’ve done the Dismiss button, but I guess what I was looking for is the individual button, once it’s obvious of no interest, it would be handy to let it go away…

While I’m not interested in the actual Berkshire Hathaway, many other topics seem to show up, so I don’t really want to mute that board… But others, eh… Maybe a Hide button…

1 Like

Tell me about it. I’ve been having to skim through tons of stuff I’m not interested and most of it I can’t understand anyway. Just trying to get to the bottom. There’s got to be a better way. Wait a minute, maybe they had a better way and decided in their infinite wisdom to poop can it. Interesting …

4 Likes

Whereas, I have found it very easy to read things I want to on topics I follow and then end up with some other stuff under everything which I will scan on the off chance there is something of interest and then dismiss the lot in a single move. Very efficient.

1 Like

Looks like it’s now possible to dismiss individual topics for New and Unread:

Note that by default New means topics created in the last two days, Unread means new posts in topics you’re tracking, and tracking… well, it’s complicated.

3 Likes

Interesting, I’d never noticed that little stack until your posting… That should allow killing off the errant posts of no interest… Thank you!

1 Like

where is the stack? Don’t see it lol

In any list of New or Unread it’s just at the top left of that list…

Crapola - still don’t see it - can you send a pix??? Sorry, I only see a box but no list…grrr…

1 Like

Sure, but my list has been shrunk to only a couple…

Oh, thx - got it… will shrink mine too - what’s especially troublesome is the e-mails on the topics - there are those I like to read but too much of many I don’t want to bother with…still working on the tracking issue and the “bell” which is where I think the answer is…

I think I fixed it to stop all the emails, somewhere in Preferences…

Idid see that option - however just want to stop some not all…am working on it. thx

1 Like