Replying to a post in Saul's Investing Discussions

I’m not seeing a way to reply to a post in Saul’s Investing Discussion. Do I need permission and, if so, how do I get it?

2 Likes

There’s a link in the sidebar to the right that says “Request ability to post” and leads you here:

https://discussion.fool.com/g/Sauls_Board_Posters

Click on the image button, and you’ll find a small text field where you can leave a message along with your request.

5 Likes

As a person that lurked Sauldom for years, just please be aware of the posting guidelines. Replies should add to the conversation, not just say things like “Yeah, me too!” Not saying you were going to, but if you’ve never posted there before, the rules can come at you pretty hard.
All the guidelines are linked in the sideboard.

5 Likes

Would Bogey or Twitty even allowed that board to have Quadruple Pit Bull Privileges?

Sorry I don’t understand what this means.

I don’t understand the reference, but it seems pretty clear that it means looseinthehead objects to being excluded from posting there. I looked at a bit of their posting history, admittedly only a cursor look, but I didn’t come across any substantive posts (the expecation when posting there). Nor any thread starters?

Me, I follow it, but I can’t post there. I shouldn’t be able to post there as I can not make the sort of contributions that are what makes it special.

5 Likes

What I am trying to say if that Saul’s Investing Discussions has some sort of Double Secret Moderation Privilege that TMF would have never considered 20 years ago. See: Martini Club.

The Times they are a changin’. Saul’s probably gets as many posts as the rest of the (free) Fool combined. As they say, some animals are more equal than others.

3 Likes