Reviving LBYM Board

Anyone here? I’m just posting to see if this LBYM board can be revived.

6 Likes

Well, I see your post. So, the answer to your question is “Yes”.

Rich

1 Like

That’s a start. The old boards weren’t well populated to begin with. It will be interesting to see if this whole new learning curve board will survive.

Near as I can figure at this point, it may even become more active with the new system. That’s because before, posts were limited in viewing potential by only those that subscribed to that topic. Now, I think (not sure) its more open than that and more people may see a new post, regardless which tag its under.

Rich

I hope you are right. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

I’m here and interested too. If I can ever figure out how to use this new platform. Lol

2 Likes

I’m here too never posted much to begin with though :grinning:

1 Like

There might be some hope for revival here. There were very few new people at the old boards - it was mostly us old fogies who have hashed out pretty much anything that could be hashed out about LBYM.

Hopefully, these newer looking (and horrible to navigate) boards will attract some younger people who might still benefit from grandma and grandpa starting off every reply with “Well, back in my day…”

–Peter

4 Likes

In the spirit of keeping the board alive, I report that I put the Swedish sponges (7"x7" flat squares, with some stitching) purchased on Amazon into the washing machine, and they came out nice and clean. You can also put them into the dishwasher if you prefer. That is all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We just spent about $4,000 repairing our 2011 Prius. It had had no issues of note for 5 years, just regular maintenance, then the water pump broke. That led to a drive belt replacement and a few other things. Do I want a newer car? Sure. This one will run for several more years though.

We are trundling along with my '06 F150 Crew 4x4 for towing, and a '07 Honda Civic, looking, eventually at replacing the Civic with a hybrid, most likely, a straight EV has limited range, so likely an SUV Hybrid… No rush for now…

1 Like

How come when folks purchase an F150 the very first thing they do is rip off the exhaust pipes and install what as kids we use to call Smitty’s and the cops could care less about the noise?

Well, in olden days, maybe, but our current clean machines need those catalytic converters, are regularly inspected, smog tested, it’s just not worth the hassle and expense to play those games any more…

I was offered a blower, manifold, all the bits and pieces from my inlaw’s GT500 a while back, It would have taken my F150’s 300 HP to 500 HP, he went with a larger one, went to 750 HP, all legal, warrantees, but what I saw was the nightmare of paperwork, beyond the physical work, to make it legal for my DMV as well as what my insurance company would think about it… I passed on all of it… Occasionally enjoy a ride in his GT500… Shelby in Las Vegas did all his work for chunk of change…

1 Like

As an Old Fogy, I’m still here - just tryiingto fiure out this whole new disaster of a platform. LOL

2 Likes

What. The. Heck. This place is wild. Hi all!

Obligatory LBYM (or not): We need to replace both cars and in fact need a third car for a kid. We also need to spend far too much money to replace the walls that keep the house from sliding down the hill and into the neighbor’s yard. And we have had to make many trips to Wisconsin to help Dad with his health issues. Still no debt, but we are dancing on the edge of spending funds we haven’t touched in a long time.

ThyPeace, came here looking for the CCCD board. Heaven knows if I’ll find it.

2 Likes

Here you go!

B

3 Likes

If you haven’t already gotten the info, boards are now categories. Add them like you did your favorites on the old boards.

B

Waving hello,

I was a member of the old boards from about 1999; not too active in the last couple of years and shocked to find the social boards closed and changes to the platform.

Am up for reviving LBYM; can use a refresher and always enjoyed the discourse by some very wise and intelligent posters.

Is there an alternative social site, does anyone know? It’s sad to think that the glimpses into the lives of so many longtime posters will just … end. How is Wildgirl doing, and impolite, and wzambon and ken and MissEdithKeeler and all the rest? (almost all…)

Looking forward to the discussion -
Bohemienne

5 Likes

Many people have left, more in the transition.

I’ve found Mr.MoneyMustache to be one such site, although so far it’s pretty much a one-trick pony: “don’t spend on anything, then enjoy that level of lifestyle, then retire early if you want but remember, don’t spend anything.”

Well, it’s something.He occasionally writes with a bit of flair.

5 Likes

I’m really struggling with the new ‘Board’ format, or whatever it’s called now.

Sure, I’m a bit of an ‘old dog,’ but I’ve always been an early adopter on technology. I just can’t make my screen show the boards / posters / read v unread messages in a way that makes me comfortable.

Yes, this is my first message / post since the change.

-Kip

3 Likes