Reviving LBYM Board

Having been stubborn enough t hang on, it is just different enough that it takes a lot of fiddling, trying this or that to feel semi comfortable… That said, I don’t think there is a way to show read vs unread, or at least that I’ve figured out… Replies show up under your icon, upper right, but not in any particular order…

I have discovered how to Mute individuals and I tend to ‘Dismiss’ threads where they are active as, to me it’s a waste of time… Same with Topics of no interest, they can be individually ‘Dismissed’…

Many new terms, we’ve lost a lot of old members, it feels a bit cramped from what it used to be… But editing, photo posting is better… Tradeoffs…

2 Likes

If you have postings with replies, click on your circle initials on the upper right of your screen. Replies are in the first box. Followed by all the topics you are tracking with likes.

If you click on the Fools hat at the upper left of your screen. You will see a list of all categories with unread postings indicated.

If you click on your circle initials (or photo) at the top of any of your postings you get a full array of data on your postings and their status.

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s really clunky, and I can’t find some of my favorite topics, like Online Banking.

(Yes, I see that you already found it. I figured someone else reading this might want the answer too.)

3 Likes

This new format really sucks. I assume Motley fool is just trying to kill off what little is left of their forums?

7 Likes

Definitely not as user friendly. I’m here less too

2 Likes

The board was pretty threadbare even before the switcheroo. Wasn’t helped too much by some extraordinary decisions to remove posts…and even whole threads…allegedly for being “off topic”. A bit of a hoot really considering that there were precious few other topics being discussed.

1 Like

If people really want to Revive the LBYM Board, the best way is to post about how you are LBYM. Or trying to. Or failing to. Or…

5 Likes

me too… it is difficult to navigate…i just like to scroll point and click

2 Likes

me too… it is difficult to navigate…i just like to scroll point and click

There is reason to be joyful. Your culture really needs to not die, so let’s try to save it. Specifically for those that are no longer going to post here, I have placed your LYBM board on the front page with your familiar home. For others, please stay here.

www.shrewdom.com

– Manlobbi

3 Likes

Not that difficult. Just different.

1. Log in
  2. Click on Fools Cap above left and watch for new or unread items in categories of interest.
  3. Click on your initials upper right for activity on items you are tracking.
3 Likes

The direct link to the LBYM board is:
http://www.digitalscores.com/MB?bid=4
They are now discussing LBYM travel ideas.

This page is only for those that prefer the old format.

2 Likes