Saul's stock account

All,

Usually a lurker as I’ve posted before. However, I’d like to quickly share that I have opened a new brokerage account (not tax deferred) in which I plan to invest in only Saul’s stock picks. I am funding this with weekly scheduled withdrawals from my checking account. Question for the board is which stock first? I have a lot of SHOP already in a tax deferred account so it won’t be first. I already took a small KITE position last week. I am leaning towards UBNT, I believe this stock to be unfairly hammered by the market of late and I like the business and fundamentals. PAYC is on my list as well. What says Saul and the board. If you could buy one stock now, which Saul pick would it be?

MC

1 Like

I’m planning on buying more UBNT which is currently about 6% of my port.

However, I’m going to say first what many will likely repeat. How are you ever going to invest when Saul is not here to tell us his picks?

AJ

1 Like

If I didn’t own any already I’d buy in this order:

PAYC
TWLO
HDP
TLND

Bear

2 Likes

which I plan to invest in only Saul’s stock picks.

Hi MC, Please don’t buy stocks just because I’m in them.

First of all you should study them yourself and see if they are for you.

I don’t know your age, financial means, and interests, and what I’m in may not fit for you.

I may get out of any stock without warning and you’d be left in it.

Please make your own decisions.

Best,

Saul

25 Likes

I’m in the minority here but I actually believe you are doing the right thing. If you really like Saul’s approach you should copy it without any modifications.

At the end of the month you can read what Saul did and apply those exact same changes to your account. On average you will have a two week lag time behind Saul but it is not statistically significant. Your future performance will be identical to his.

2 Likes

Saul,

I absolutely plan to do my own due diligence and already have on many of the stocks here. These are stocks I was likely to buy anyway. I have been watching this board for a while now and researching many of the stocks presented here. I am only soliciting advice from investors whose opinion I value to determine if my thinking is in line with yours/theirs. As for demographics, does it matter that much? I’m trying to find high growth stocks, that is all. I have found a few with Netflix being my most profitable investment over the last 11 years. If I can stick with that roller coaster, I can handle almost anything the market can throw my way. That being said, early 40’s and plenty of financial means to do this. Your concern is appreciated. Also, this isn’t an exact mirror image attempt of your picks. Just because you get out, doesn’t mean I will.

Regards,

MC

2 Likes

#6,

Why follow Saul’s picks? You would never be setting yourself up to invest on your own without Saul here.

Everyone should do their own due diligence and decide for themselves. Sure, I’ve invested in companies that Saul brought here. But that was only after I decided I liked his picks.

Don’t do it blindly is all I’m saying. I’m here for the education to put to my own use. Not because someone says its what they are doing.

I am not opposed to your contrarian views, but it seems like you are reaching. What would this person do when Saul isn’t here? Saul, while incredibly impressive, isn’t immortal.

AJ

AJ… I should have been more clear in my OP. I don’t plan to mirror Saul’s picks. I plan to only purchase picks of his that I also like. Some of his picks will never see the light of day in my portfolio. However, I find myself agreeing with much of his analysis. After a lot of lurking, I decided to open a brokerage account (Will be my first non tax deferred account) and use it as a way to, hopefully, develop some additional wealth. I can afford to be risky as I believe I’m younger than most on this board. Anyway, you guys carry on. This wasn’t meant to be a debate on how to invest. I was only soliciting advice from the other posters here whose analysis I’ve come to value in addition to Saul’s.

MC

1 Like

I am not opposed to your contrarian views, but it seems like you are reaching. What would this person do when Saul isn’t here? Saul, while incredibly impressive, isn’t immortal.

If (Saul leaves)
then {sell; look for new investing aproach;}

I’m not advocating following Saul but I don’t think his leaving is an insurmountable problem if you want to mimic him while he is here. It’d take 10 minutes to liquidate most portfolios. Tax consequences, if you’re lucky, but that comes with Saul’s typical holding period anyhow.