Some GOOD news for a change.

I thought you might like some good news for a change. (From the BBC)
Saul

European Union statistics agency Eurostat said the jobless rate in the currency union fell to 10.9% in July from 11.1% the month before.

The fall was helped by a sharp fall in unemployment in Italy, where the jobless total fell by 143,000.

It is the first time the unemployment rate in the eurozone has been below 11% since February 2012.

The wider 28-member EU saw the unemployment rate fall to 9.5%, the lowest rate since June 2011.

11 Likes

Saul,

Don’t be trying to confuse us with real numbers. Apparently what’s important this week are numbers from Goldman Sachs guessing what the Chinese economy will be doing in three years (because they haven’t covered all their shorts?).

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/31/goldman-takes-a-knife-to-chin…

Goldman Sachs slashed its forecasts for China’s growth over the next three years amid broadening pessimism over the health of the world’s second largest economy.

The bank on Monday marked down its 2016, 2017 and 2018 projections to 6.4 percent, 6.1 percent and 5.8 percent, respectively from 6.7 percent, 6.5 percent and 6.2 percent, previously. The government is targeting growth of “around 7 percent” this year.

Steve

1 Like

Good news: Today’s good news in INBK. One green number on my portfolio. I guess it is as far from China as a company can get. No, that would be CASY, but it is down, too.

Have a great day,

KC

Unfortunately they were all employed to manage the huge refugee problem, he said only half sarcasticly.