Stock Advisor renewal

I had a saved link for a good deal on a 3 year Rule Breaker renewal, but now I need to renew my Stock Advisor subscription and all I am finding is $99 for a year. Anyone got anything better? And how did you find it?

tamhas,

Here’s 2 years for $98: http://discussion.fool.com/no-need-to-look-around-neil-stock-adv…

Bear

1 Like

Thanks … but is there a technique for finding these? My google skills weren’t producing anything as good as this.

Anyone have a good deal on Rule Breakers membership?

My browser seems to have eaten the link for 3 years at $159, but the link above for Stock Advisor is to a board post which also includes Rule Breakers.

1 Like

see post # 30937

it has a bunch of links to most the services at discount prices.

Google “tmf stock advisor discount” or Rule breakers or hidden gems or …

Encouraging all to track down this, or better, rates. I lost track of my renewal date on SA and RB and was auto-renewed at $199 each. Careless, and didn’t realize it until a recent review of credit payments.
A stern letter to MF will be forthcoming.
Good luck all.

2 Likes

One can ask TMF customer service to remove the auto-renewal. I did that a short while ago because I have had the same experience.

1 Like

Interesting that the FOOL that gives you so much opportunity, crowdsourcing, researched stocks, celebrity appearances with various stock discussions, direct company interviews…all this is worth arguing over $100 per year??

It seems to me that the time and effort trying to research the lowest possible price, could be instead converted to exponential returns by concentrating on the “value” the FOOL brings.

Judging by the advertised returns achieved here in 2017 through the FOOL’s platform…surely the price of admission must be worth far greater than you are paying even at $199 per year.

Best:
Duma

24 Likes

Interesting that the FOOL that gives you so much opportunity, crowdsourcing, researched stocks, celebrity appearances with various stock discussions, direct company interviews…all this is worth arguing over $100 per year??

It seems to me that the time and effort trying to research the lowest possible price, could be instead converted to exponential returns by concentrating on the “value” the FOOL brings.

Judging by the advertised returns achieved here in 2017 through the FOOL’s platform…surely the price of admission must be worth far greater than you are paying even at $199 per year.

Hi Duma, I was getting ready to write the same thing, I just hadn’t gotten around to it. I would have put it that one really good recommendation (I got Shopify from the Fool, for instance, when it was back at $27) would be worth at least 20 years of subscriptions. Looking at it in perspective, it hardly seems worthwhile to nickel and dime it.

Saul

19 Likes

For my part, it seems that when my subscription was auto renew, I never regretted the cost, except that a couple of months later someone would post a link at a reduced price and then I would wish that I could have gotten that price. I.e., full price is worth it, but a reduced price is nice too.

This for Stock Advisor and Rule Breaker, but I am less clear about Hidden Gems lately. It seemed like a good idea, but doesn’t seem to have led to much.

1 Like

Looking at it in perspective, it hardly seems worthwhile to nickel and dime it.

True enough, but why pay more for something when you don’t need to? Some of us have an inherent bargain hunter gene in them. I got a little of this from my depression-era parents. Let’s not forget, too, that someone else’s nickels and dimes are another’s dollars and Benjamins.

Pete

18 Likes

I don’t see the need to apologize for wanting a good deal. It’s not as if most of us are out buying
stocks at “whatever price somebody wants for it today.” At least I hope not.

I accidentally (I swear) ran across a way to find good deals on subscriptions. Once in awhile I log in to
TMF with a secondary email address (pc, mobile, laptop, phone access have different email addresses so I
can track the source of emails, advertising and various info requests.) Since that login is not
“registered” I get subscription offers to those addresses every week. The cost? Lots of advertising!

I suppose once Tom G reads this, it will no longer be true.

Dan
If a 50% purchase price on anything larger than bubble gum means nothing to you, I don’t want you
to manage any finances for me.

3 Likes

It’s not as if most of us are out buying stocks at “whatever price somebody wants for it today.” At least I hope not.

Hi Dan, that’s exactly what I actually DO do when I’m starting a new position. Once I decide it’s a company I want, and one which will be a good one for me to have, I buy it at “whatever price somebody wants for it today.”

It seems to have worked out pretty well for me, actually.

Best,

Saul

PS - In fact, here are a couple of quotes from the Knowledgebase about that very question:

Never miss getting into a stock because you are waiting to buy it a few cents cheaper. The decision is whether you want to invest in it or not. Once you decide, take a starter position, at least. Don’t wait around for a slightly better price. When it’s at $50, I can guarantee that you won’t remember or care whether you paid $10.05 or $10.30, but you’ll be kicking yourself if you didn’t get in. The issue is: Do you want to buy the stock? If the answer is yes, don’t fool around trying to buy it a bit cheaper. You are buying with a long-term perspective.

I assume that any good stock I might want to buy probably traded at a lower price some time before I found out about it…Duh… But so what? I can’t go back and buy it in the past. What I care about is whether the stock is a good buy now. I see too many people who are “waiting” for a price to go back to where it had been, for a lower price, a better buy in point, or whatever. They may get it and save a $1 or $2, or they may miss getting in, and miss a $50 eventual rise in the stock. Don’t try to wait for the price to go down before getting into a stock. Geez, you are getting into it in the first place because you think the price will go up, not down. If you like it and are convinced, at least take a starter position now.

15 Likes

Hi Dan, that’s exactly what I actually DO do when I’m starting a new position.

Greetings, Saul,

While I used to agree I have been reminded with a sledge hammer that it can be a terrible idea. In fact, the practice and some very unfortunate timing took my wonderful-fantastic-unbelievable year and turned it into a “oh, nice” year. I’ll tell you about it when I get the time. It ain’t pretty.

Dan

1 Like