The death of woke-fake meat

Do we really want states banning other states? Doesn’t that seem taking ideals to an extreme? I can understand other countries but States? We all are under the same Government and institutions. They should be able to work out their differences.

Andy

1 Like

I can’t stand fake meat, because I didn’t think the texture was right. Give me a good steak any day. But I did invest in it because their seems to be a lot of vegans. Just glad I got out with my pants still but I sure am going to miss that shirt.

Andy

All are under continuous change, i.e. Roe v Wade…

1 Like

Right but everything changes over time. Ebb and flow.

Andy

LOL.
Look at this link to see the typical prices (Many over $1000/lb)
See table down a page or two

Mike

Also very high in sodium
Probably amplifying salt taste to mask other tastes

Mike

1 Like

Wow are we getting into the weeds, but the issue is real in the smooth running of the country, and commerce therein. Should states wink at officially sanctioned discrimination in other states?

I’m waiting for someone to propose banning Shakespeare as “woke”. Who, but a “woke” would write this?

He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies, and what’s his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you (word banned by Fool) us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example?

Steve

5 Likes

It took nature millions of years to develop those tastes and textures and the same millions of years to train consumers to like them. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Captain

2 Likes

ANOTHER DISCOURSE CRAPBURGER!

After I replied to FCorelli, DISCOURSE CRAPBURGER took me to my reply, not to the next post in the thread. This thread is now almost 50 posts long and it took a lot of frustrating time to find the next post after FCorelli’s.

I doubt they could have made this interface worse if they tried real hard!

The Captain

3 Likes

BTW the find function does not find and you have to double-find to use the native find which also does nor work. Try finding ‘What is so hard’ in this thread, it appears three or four times.

The Captain

2 Likes

How the hell did the steve203 quote get into my prior post???

The Captain

Lescinsky et al.
“While there is some evidence that eating unprocessed red meat is associated with increased risk of disease incidence and mortality, it is weak and insufficient to make stronger or more conclusive recommendations.”

DB2

2 Likes

Well, Moore’s law says it will be $500 by 2024, $250 by 2026, $125 by 2028, and so on. Meanwhile inflation will have the price of steak up to $50/lb in a few years, so the lines will cross soon enough. Of course Moore’s law is in an entirely different field, but I find it encouraging, so that’s what I’m gonna use.

2 Likes

Where is the ‘delete thread’ button?

2 Likes

The thread may be 50 posts long, but they aren’t all new and unread. If you just scroll back, most of the time there is only a handful to get back to where you were.

It still puts the burden on the user instead of on the software!

Try using the ‘find’ feature!!!

I bet even the twit coders Elon fired can improve ‘discourse.’

The Captain

4 Likes

I did as you suggested and found three instances at #30, #48 and #50 - seemed to work fine.

JimA

3 Likes

Dear TMF.
I see the ‘thin red line’ with tiny red script “last visit” …
can you please make that ‘thin’ into THICK and the tiny red script into larger and BOLD?
Make it more easily found?
This suggestion is not the ‘best’ fix… it’s just a weak tweak.

TIA
:fleur_de_lis:
ralph

What browser are you using? I’m using Safari on a MacBook Pro. Thanks!

The Captain

I’m using Chrome on a Win11 machine.

JimA