Video: Why Key West Voted Against Cruise Ships

Originally, the referendum passed to bar ALL cruise ships. Then money flowed to Tallahassee and the legislature said the City of Key West could pound beach sand, that the State was overturning our own citizen’s wishes. The citizens and our Mayor met the dictators and said, “Okay, we’ll only allow in boats with 1,500 or fewer passengers.” The Governor gets involved and tells us to go to CUBA if we don’t like Capitalism (not in those words, but, that’s the gist.)

Fishing in that harbor had not been so good since the 1920s. And now we’re back to our same old rape of our oceans, harbors, and reefs.

It’s a damn crime against our environment.

Because, money.

https://twitter.com/peregreine/status/1491478525651603461

12 Likes

It’s a damn crime against our environment.

Because, money.

=========================================================

Yep! And some people brag about investing in fossil fuels because of money/dividends knowing very well that it’s a damn crime against our environment.

Jaak

2 Likes

And some people brag about investing in fossil fuels because of money/dividends knowing very well that it’s a damn crime against our environment.

Thank you for informing us of your opinion.

If you’re serious I’d love to see pictures of you: on your donkey/mule, with your oil lanterns and organic garden.

Absent those your words ring hypothetical.

Desert (CVX, XOM, T, BNS, BKH, ED, ATGFF, NI, NWN, TRP, WRE, WGL, WTR, XEL, DUK, SO, KO & O) Dave

PS
How’d you get online to post without electricity/internet?

Thanks in advance for your reply*!*

6 Likes

If you’re serious I’d love to see pictures of you: on your donkey/mule, with your oil lanterns and organic garden.

The oil being vegetable oil or animal fat, of course.

Absent those your words ring hypothetical.

I think you misspelled “hypocritical”.

1 Like

How’d you get online to post without electricity/internet?

==========================================

One does not need fossil fuels for modern clean electrical power generation, internet and transportation! :blush:

Jaak

2 Likes