Weekly jobless claims ...

… are the lowest since The Summer of Soul and Woodstock.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/americans-applying…
American weekly jobless claims at lowest level since 1969
The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits last week fell to its lowest level in 52 years as the U.S. job market continues to show strength in the midst of rising costs and an ongoing virus pandemic

1 Like

and an ongoing virus pandemic

Apart from the legions working from home (of which my manager has required that I be one), how many people still behave as if there’s a pandemic?

1 Like

mmrmnhrm
Apart from the legions working from home (of which my manager has required that I be one), how many people still behave as if there’s a pandemic?

Store hopping, shopping:
SoCal
All stores/shops (98%)employees are still wearing masks.

Customers? <<<<10%.

I think we can declare victory and go home, people.

(I DO still see people, walking alone, on the sidewalk, with their dog, WEARING A MASK. Ditto car drivers, driving alone. Doesn’t compute.)

1 Like

My wife and I do.

3 Likes

I DO still see people, walking alone, on the sidewalk, with their dog, WEARING A MASK. Ditto car drivers, driving alone. Doesn’t compute.

That would be me, except no sidewalk and my dog running free as I walk through my recently planted mini-forest (seven acres) in rural Mexico. You see, I simply do not think of wearing a mask as a big deal, and once i have put it on (this morning for a brief conversation with my gardener in the garage), often forget I am wearing it. I am in the habit of disciplining myself as to diet, sleep, work, play, “risky business”, money businesses, and monkey business so that valuable aspects of life go on with much much lower risk. Since I am, to the best of my knowledge, the longest surviving person living with HIV I have come to trust myself. Masking has been part of what has kept me alive.

Hey, really, as I contemplate what is going on in the world right now, wearing a mask AIN’T a big deal.

david fb

18 Likes

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

I DO still see people, walking alone, on the sidewalk, with their dog, WEARING A MASK. Ditto car drivers, driving alone. Doesn’t compute.

That would be me, …

david fb

Thanks, I habitually put my mask on as I go out the door of my fifth floor condo. I use the stairs because it is easy to get trapped in the elevator that no longer requires masking.

In the good old days of NBCW (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Warfare) training on ships and land we would spend 8 or more hours hunkered down in the ship’s citadel (over pressured so air could only go out), in wearing our gas mask and chem protection overalls. This is when we non-smokers got our revenge for all the times we had to put up with second hand smoke. }};-D

Anymouse

4 Likes

That would be me, except no sidewalk and my dog running free as I walk through my recently planted mini-forest (seven acres) in rural Mexico…

How did your program to stop touching your face work out? That seemed like a difficult piece of behavior mod.

DB2

I’ve found that an unexpected side benefit of the COVID masks is a marked reduction in pollen allergy symptoms. Your mystery maskers may be enjoying similar relief from their masks.

Regards,

• HCF
    will mask if he wants to
6 Likes