Why IIRP is OFF-TOPIC !!!

Hi Brittlerock,

There are two reasons that IIPR is off-topic for our board.

• It’s a REIT. That’s a Real Estate Investment Trust, not a stock of an individual company, and if we accept that as okay, then we will start getting other REIT’s. And we won’t be able to keep them off after accepting IIRP, and it will change the whole tenor of the board.
    • It’s primarily a cannabis play, and after accepting one, it will be hard to bar a huge motley crew of cannabis speculations.

On the other hand, there’s nothing wrong with discussing it elsewhere. That’s why I gave the link to the REIT board.

However, you can start your own board to discuss IIRP or cannabis stocks. It’s as easy as pie. On the top line of every board, there are topics in blue, including “Start a New Board”. If you really want to discuss IIPR just start your own board, and post a link to it here, and you are off.

BUT IIRP IS OFF-TOPIC FOR OUR BOARD. THAT’S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Saul

15 Likes

I’m sorry, Saul, but I thought when you said:

“That is incorrect. ANY fast growing growth stock is welcome to be discussed on our board. That’s what the board is for!” then I was free to introduce a fast growing stock which we may all profit from.

If you look at the actual financial returns of IIPR (not just the stock price) then it is a growth company.

It seems like there are three terms which have put people off discussing this particular growth stock:

REIT
Cannabis/Marijuana
Dividend

Each of us has our own negative emotional triggers and not for one moment am I suggesting that we should discuss stocks like American Tower (REIT), Canopy (Cannabis/Marijuana) or purely dividend stocks here.

If you look at the financial numbers rather than the stock price, then this is a growth stock whichever way you cut it, with recurring revenues and founder owned.

Maybe I should have just posted the financials without naming the stock and that post would have received a better response. At least I’ve brought it to the attention of the investors here.

I’m disappointed, but it’s your board so your rules.

No offence intended.

Cheers, PB.

10 Likes