Will you continue to use Google/ Gemini if LLM is fixed?

The Gemini rollout is a major screwup. However, Google has huge market share in browser, android, etc. Most of us use chrome/ google for search. Will you continue to use google/ Gemini?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

If MS CoPilot on Windows is any indication, Google will probably integrate the ‘new improved’ version into Chrome etc. whether we like it or not

No reason to believe they won’t figure it out soon enough :slight_smile:

Probably. Right now, for search everyone chooses Google, if there are other options available, will Google’s moat be impacted? I don’t know. But for now, I have to assume Google’s moat in search is under attack and we need to see how they are going to defend it. Are there going to be any heads rolling in Google for the botched Gemini release? Don’t know. But so far they are not inspiring.

1 Like

In search Google almost has monopoly. It became a verb ‘google it’. Now, the LLM’s could potentially threaten its monopoly. Tech industry moves in platform shifts, if you see the second picture, you will instinctively realize, the most dominant company of the previous cycle didn’t retain their position/ market share, etc.

This is my long-term concern on Google, in any case, google is only 0.05% of my portfolio, so there is no serious economic impact.

I increased my position post Apple-google deal but mostly on technical consideration. Better be lucky! I needed it after META :frowning: :frowning:

Still very early, but google is viewed as AI winner or at least not a AI loser as of now.

1 Like

I think google has more room to run.

This is META’s chart, you can see how after the earning it still moved up by another 18%. I expect further move from Google similar to META post last earnings.

Lastly, this is a small sample of keep adding to your position

1 Like