Apple is "like a freight train"

There’s an article at CNBC quoting CEO Cook and a tech analyst.

Short read. Useful.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/apple-is-like-a-freight-trai…
Apple is like a ‘freight train at the moment,’ tech analyst says

5 Likes

Apple is like a ‘freight train at the moment,’ tech analyst says

I just hope there’s not a collapsed bridge on the track ahead :slight_smile:

Just being funny - I love Apple and have never sold the stock I’ve bought over the past 20 years. Will enjoy the dividends until that day comes. And it may never come before I die!

1 Like

I love Apple and have never sold the stock I’ve bought over the past 20 years

Yikes! Great decision you made back then.

Me? When Jobs returned to Apple from his exile, my dear wife said we need to buy.

I said, Jobs was a one-trick pony. Came up with the Mac. That’s it. He shot his wad. Company hanging by a thread. I ‘wisely’ said “not today”.

(It was my SECOND big dumb-dumb on Apple. The #1: I was handed a sheet of their company back in 1979. I passed.)

FINALLY, bought in two years ago. Better late than never, but I sure missed a LOT.

Like you, I can’t see selling “any time soon”.

I found some old notes the other day, interested in Cost Basis if I ever sold, but actually looking forward to higher dividends as some rumors thought a while back, but I bought in two lumps, in 1993 & again in 1996 as it seemed to be a good gamble… Pretty awesome as it turned out, as it’s turned into quite a decent lump!

No, not selling, but enjoying the ride, for sure…

I bought in two lumps, in 1993 & again in 1996

Wait, I though you said your purchases were in the 80s, a few years after Apple’s IPO on 12/12/1980? Doesn’t much matter from a gains perspective since from the IPO to the mid 90s the split-adjusted share price was below $.50. But the lowest it’s ever been was 0.06 on Jun 30, 1982, so if bought then, good job!

Yes, until I recently when I found an old document, I had thought I’d bought in the '80s, but it ended up a bit later… Back then we had a MUG, Mac User Group, membership varied, but a few hundred members off n on, looking to either help others or find help on various applications, problems, as we as some training classes SIGs, Special Interest Groups. It was a n old timer, Roger, who just quietly said I really should buy into the stock… I think he’d been in much earlier, but I’ve no idea for sure as the UG folded, folks scattered, other interests, less need for help… It was a non-profit, but it all takes time, efforts to keep going, local events as well as booths at SF’s MacWorld Expo… Good times, I wasn’t always working near home, so missed a lot of the meetings, but today it’s gone, other than memories, and a FB Group I and another old timer attend too… Really maybe less than a dozen participants… Price is right, tho!

Anyway, some serious dips along the way… As in any stock, a gamble, happily, this one worked out!

1 Like