Astounding....

I don’t post often. And I sheepishly admit that I haven’t contributed much to this board.

But, I don’t know where else to exclaim how incredible this run has been the past few months. I can’t talk to friends and family…they wouldn’t understand that I’m just trying to understand how lucky I’ve been. They would think it’s bragging, when I truly know I’ve been standing on the shoulders of giants for the past year or so since I found this board.

These are video game type numbers. No one can say when they’ll end. But I figure if I have the stomach to ride out vicious rides down…then I should do myself a favor and enjoy the ride further up as long as it lasts.

Thank you to you all. You are truly brilliant and generous with your time and knowledge.

51 Likes

Hi Gordon, Start posting and learning. There is absolutely no guarantee the board will be here forever, or even a year from now. You have to learn how to do this for yourself! And welcome to the board.
Saul

24 Likes

I agree. I’m up 45% from my low in mid December. Just three months ago. And I’m 10% above my prior high, back in September. How does this happen this fast? :slight_smile:

1 Like

By being invested in great companies, ignoring the fear mongering news headlines, and not selling when everyone is panicking.

10 Likes

GordonGecko,
I am with you a 100%. I like the standing on shoulder of giants analogy, this board is indeed wonderful.
I am also very thankful for all those who contribute
Mk76

4 Likes

And remember Saul in particular and this board in general as well very very good in pruning out a lot of nice looking wannabes in order to stay focused on truly great companies.

Charlie Munger says investing success is not supposed to be easy… and it is really not…
with high dedication and generosity of so many folks on this board, it has come to this point where many many people can achieve life changing results.

I know for myself, this has been life changing… I have been trying to enhance my investment decision making for 10 years but I could not get half way of the results I could get now with the help of this board.
Thank you Saul and thank you everyone including Austin, Bear, Tinker, GM and many many more contributors.

19 Likes

Now watching ZUO hit the dustbin…

🆁🅶🅱
wordlessly watching, he waits by the window and wonders…

1 Like

By being invested in great companies, ignoring the fear mongering news headlines, and not selling when everyone is panicking.

Happy Fooliversary, Austin!

I’ll add one more to your list:

Don’t fight the Fed…

:wink:

Swift…

1 Like

Oh didn’t even notice. Thanks Swift!

1 Like

I totally agree!! Wow what a day for growth stocks when I left this morn for a photo shoot I thought it was going to be a down day. So grateful to see the reverse and that I bought back into MONGO a few days after I sold it end of Feb, what an amazing company up 60% in less than a month! I could not stomach the huge loss of NTNX so glad I held on did not buy any more as It was already such a large position. Thank you Saul for your board and all of you as well that post the #s behind the action.
Deborah

Saul says (all apologies for not being good at quoting comments):

Hi Gordon, Start posting and learning. There is absolutely no guarantee the board will be here forever, or even a year from now. You have to learn how to do this for yourself! And welcome to the board.
Saul

As always, pithy.

I struggle with the ‘posting’ part as most of my posts, including this one, are ‘OT.’ Heck, I’m still struggling with the ‘learning’ part. Saul and many other here have a HUGE head start on me with evaluating individual stocks. More specifically, with concentrated portfolios.

At this point in my investing and learning cycle I cannot yet bring much value to this community, as I’m still learning to read and digest every call and every angle on the numbers. I’m confident in both the consensus here and in my own ability to add value over time. Maybe that’s within a year on this board, maybe it’s later and sharing a different way. Meanwhile, thank you for the lessons, the mentoring and patience.

-kiplin

5 Likes