CAPS Glitch won't allow my "close position" to ever close?

Caps won’t close my positions. I am not a current member of a Motley Fool service however, but I have had them in the past. Caps has always been free and worked for me in the past??? I enjoy it as a tracker. Hopefully someone can work this glitch out.

I can’t see any Picks for you that pending closed. Which Pick(s) are you trying to close?

Oh, thanks. I was trying to close out my GameStop (GME) short position simply because it has finally become positive for me. (Although it may work out even better if I leave it open much, much longer as the market returns will probably swamp this flailing business.) So, I’m not in a big hurry to do it, but I would like to be able to.

I have put the close position on multiple times over several days and it never would go through. Sometimes I left it open for hours. I have always ended the “close position” though when I see that it isn’t working. Often I would put the close position right back on to see if re-entry made a difference, but it never did. I always left it open for 30 minutes or more.

I appreciate you response! :slight_smile:

Sorry, typo above. I meant “your response” :slight_smile: Anyway, I reopened the “close position” for GME. So if you looked now, you would see it. Sorry to bug you with this. Thanks for helping!!

Oh, thanks. I was trying to close out my GameStop (GME) short position simply because it has finally become positive for me. (Although it may work out even better if I leave it open much, much longer as the market returns will probably swamp this flailing business.) So, I’m not in a big hurry to do it, but I would like to be able to.

I have put the close position on multiple times over several days and it never would go through. Sometimes I left it open for hours. I have always ended the “close position” though when I see that it isn’t working. Often I would put the close position right back on to see if re-entry made a difference, but it never did. I always left it open for 30 minutes or more.

In CAPS, there is at least a 20 minute delay to open or close a Pick.

Looking back ten years you have had three Picks that took over 24 hours to close once you marked to end. One of these was a Pick on a Ticker that were delisted at some point and that could have added to the delay.

I did not include Picks that were marked to close on a weekend.

In the last three years, this GameStop Pick was the only one that took over 30 minutes to close.

I am trying to track down the cause of the delay in closing the GME Pick.

Thanks! The pick closed. Special Thanks to one extraordinary, not often encountered, highly skilled Monkey on a Goat.

Sorry, typo above. I meant “your response” :slight_smile: Anyway, I reopened the “close position” for GME. So if you looked now, you would see it. Sorry to bug you with this. Thanks for helping!!

Well, I definitely do appreciate it. Please don’t inconvenience yourself over the issue either. I just enjoy the Caps as a type of game/tracker experiment, even though I haven’t done that well, it helps me keep track of some picks.

I really didn’t even think I would get a response, but I was thrilled to hear so quickly from you and get my problem resolved.

Stay Foolish! Hopefully at some point if inflation eases I can afford some of the services again. :slight_smile: You’ve made my day. Take care of that goat!