Everything is fine - we are all fine...how are you?

Since Saul’s board rules limit the discussion of exactly what I “head scratchingly” asked, I restricted myself from elaborating further in that post.

I will say that I have radically changed my investing approach since February of this year. I am going to post here, what I’ve written in private to others elsewhere lately.

After the bruising start of the year selloff in January, I finally capitulated and tore up the “Saul like” playbook in February.
Sold out of all shares of SaaS and plowed into trading in and out of FAANG stocks, selling puts on various stocks (but on mostly SaaS companies). And the past week, into ZS when it became hilariously oversold.
As nascent as this short term focused strategy has been, I have managed to avoid the gutter lows of January throughout the year (see for example, DDOG share price, which clung to its 52 week lows from March to May - that’s what I was sick of seeing my portfolio do).
Currently +58% YTD (but still down a nasty -20%, from the end of 2021).

Portfolio churns constantly and pretty much everyday.

7 Likes