Hello - Anyone talking options on free boards?

I have been part of the Options program at MF in the past, I have since been following both the RB options and SA options boards for a few years.
Now that I am a #disgruntledsubscriberwhoquit I am wondering if there are decent options discussions out here in the free world.
I have a bunch of options expiring this week, as of today they mostly all moved out of the money (whew), but it would be nice to find others in this part of MF.

Current options:
Calls - DDOG, ETSY, NET, S
Puts - S

This has been a way for me to kinda dollar cost average my prices as this whole bear trough of a market has run on. Making ok returns, but at this point only running VERY short expirations which contrasts with the MF philosophy.

Only had to roll a few over the last year, but market always falls again so I do not have to get assigned…fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Options are an “optional” topic on the well-attended Macroeconomic Trends and Risks Board (METAR), along with all investments (stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.). Captaincs discusses his options trades.

You are welcome to join.
Wendy

2 Likes

I have been buying SFIX when it drops under five and selling the strike five (covered call) that expires that Friday for a nice little profit FWIW…doc

edit: I use optiondash.com to search out covered calls

2 Likes

I ran a search for stocks in the $2 to $12 range that expires next friday. I stay away from stocks that have an earnings announcement coming out before expiration, price trending down, any bad news releases especially SEC/lawsuits problems. I have also been doing CC with CVNA. MARA has been in the top ten here for quite a while and seems to be stable with a good call, RIOT has popped in and out holding its price, PACW has been paying a good call (tempting) but I have not played it because of the financials problems we have seen, AFRM has been here in the top ten for a while…doc

edit: sorry, I cut off the top labels

1 Like

MARA RIOT both seem to be holding or going up and the covered calls continue to shine. CVNA also staying in the top five. I try to buy carvana below nine and sell the call above nine IMHO…doc

2 Likes

I just bought MARA for 10.15 and am now waiting to sell the strike 11 that expires Friday. It currently is 33 cents premium. RIOT also has a decent premium and seems less risky than the financials that are popping up in my screen…doc

My MARA trade will earn me a dollar profit for 10% in 3 days. I use Optiondash, a free site to screen and then do research on the stocks to pick one. Here is next Fridays best covered calls in the $3 to $15 range. I stay away from the financials due to the financial crisis, but now that the banking sector is hot, it may be interesting to some. Bitcoin has been rising from the ashes, so the MARA and RIOT should be safe investments IMHO…doc

1 Like

I’ll be watching MARA RIOT CVNA on Monday for a buy opportunity. I like CVNA when it gets under $9 so will get some on Monday to sell the calls when the price rises back up into the mid nine range. I may buy some MARA to hold because of the rise in bitcoin ( or MARA). I’ve been selling calls on GPS out of my portfolio.

The MARA I bought Wed for $10.15 got called out at $11 so I did make that 10% profit less commissions/taxes…doc

I have some Gap stock from a losing trade. I looked at its trend and have been selling the calls when it gets up close to the peaks. I can do this almost every other week or 3 weeks…doc

1 Like

Bitcoin price dropped over the weekend. My MARA got called out. It looks like there will be a buying opportunity on the dip possibly so I can sell calls on it again for possibly this Friday.

Gap is at the bottom of a cycle over the last week. Hope it gets up over $10 so I can sell those calls again.

HAL looks like it will trend up based on TA so I will watch it and sell calls on the HAL that I have this week if it does pop up over $34:

When I don’t have any covered call ideas, I use Optiondash screener. Its free.
Best Covered Call Screener | Options Premium Screener | OptionDash

Good luck, I’m not a professional in any capacity. Do your own research. There are trap plays out there in the options market. These are my ideas IMHO of course…doc

2 Likes

Appreciate you dropping this info.

1 Like

I do not see any Option titled topic in the METAR.

Here’s a recent discussion about covered calls in METAR.

Here are the top covered calls in the $3 to $15 range per optiondash search engine. I would avoid the ones with red earnings coming this week. I would also avoid the banking stocks due to risk of failing…doc

Todays covered calls that expire today Cinco de Mayo from Optiondash website. I’ve been selling covered calls on MARA (yesterday I sold the strike 11). CVNA has been stable and I had a position in it. Riot has been paralleling MARA. LYFT, CVNA and AMC have the highest return if called out this weekend…doc

$3 to $15

$15 to $30

$30 to $75

$75 to $100

I only cut out the top dozen or so from the each set of values. There are some good companies in those lists like TTD, ZS, DDOG,DIS, ETSY, DASH, SQ yada yada

1 Like

Some nice premiums for this Friday. I would avoid the financial institutions and one coming out with quarterly earnings. UPST has an excellent call premium for just 3 days. I would avoid Beyond Meat with earnings coming up and I expect them to miss because who eats fake meat? Do your due diligence…doc

1 Like

I hope someone took that UPST call, it popped over $14 so the call premium $1.26 plus the strike 14 (39 cents) for a total of $1.65 in three days - greater than 10% trade…doc

1 Like

LOL… I literally just posted my morning experience on UPST before reading your comment. I got ~9% on a holding of 4 days.

1 Like

yeah baby, way to go…doc

1 Like

nevermind, UPST already up to $19…doc