HP Envy 6455e printer issue

All of a sudden, the printer is printing blank pages when printing something from the internet. It runs through the motions, it sounds like it is printing the document, but spits out a blank page. I ran through the trouble shooting tools (cleaned the printerhead and did the alignmnet fix), and changed printer cartridges. No improvement. Now here is the confusing part. When I press the “i” button on the printer to get printer condition update, the printer prints out a perfect page, very legible, perfect black letters. So for some reason, the printer is not able to take the words from the document on the internet and get them on a piece of paper from the printer. I did delete and re-install the printer driver on the computer. No improvement. Anyone else have this issue?

Have you tried a different browser?

2 Likes

Thanx for responding but that did not work. I have figured out how to have our computers go wireless directly to the printer, but that did not fix it either. And I did learn that this printer does not have a separate printer head…the printerheads are part of the two ink cartridges. Sooo, on a long shot, just going to replaced the ink cartridges. Both our computer (a windows and a mac) did updates recently, so it’s possible it could be caused by that. We might just get a new printer…I did get in a few days of work on the Shelley Fire, and 14 days on the Park Fire. I felt pretty good about that since I’m 74. I was on an engine crew, we did a lot of mop up on the fire’s edge, and put in about half a mile of hose lay up a dozer line. I might have been the oldest person out there who was doing physical work on the fire line.
We did get a nice drop in temperatures here…its still in the high 70s or low 80s, but feel like fall coming because it was so hot before. But it confuses my senses, and i don’t know whether to have a martini (Hendricks) or to admit summer is still really hear, and break out the Tarquernay and limes and have a gin and tonic…decisions, decisions.

1 Like

So we ordered up some new ink cartridges for this printer. It only takes two…one black and the other multi-colored. Installed them, and now it works fine. Go figure. I have no idea if bad ink cartridges was the problem, or was it from some software update on our computers. Oh well.

I know nothing about your specific printer - so what I say below may not apply to your situation.

Some years ago HP sold products where the system had a counter and after X pages, the system essentially quit printing. On August 21st The Wirecutter (part of the NY Times) in review of the OfficeJet 9125 ‘all in one’ printer said this one offers an “option” during setup which permanently ties the individual unit to HP ink cartridges.

People need to read fine print on printers today.

2 Likes