Legal Cannabis Lowers Medicare Costs

I came across this article which I think has a lot of truth to it. Lots of recreational use cannabis stores popping up all over MA lately. All of their parking lots seem full - all day. If they are buying weed instead of prescription pills, that just may be a good thing…

I’m on the Board of a local Chamber of Commerce and got a behind the scenes tour of a cannabis growing / processing / retail operation a few weeks ago. They serve both medicinal (take a left) and recreational (take a right) clients. Quite the operation, and investors are expecting above market returns for their investment in this highly (state) regulated, but profitable industry.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/3271896-lega…

Cornell University researchers analyzed data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in all 50 states from 2011 to 2019. They found a decline in the volume of prescriptions targeting pain, depression, anxiety, sleep, psychosis and seizures in states that have legalized recreational use.

'38Packard

• not invested in the industry at this time.
13 Likes

I have suffered shingles from herpes zoster since I was 12 years old, which I mostly succerssfully ignored by learning toughness from grandma ("David, it is just pain and need not stop you!), mindfulness exercises, etc… But as I got older the attacks started to become physically exhausting, Shingrix gave me 4 months or so of respite but then the shingles surged back again.

The availability of legal marijuana in edibles of consistent strength has been a game changer for me. I now take very small “micro doses” of THC daily and have been free of shingles. For me that has been transformative.

david fb

17 Likes