Mr. Market likes a Chas. Dickens book today.

Great Expectations

AAPL is up 4.5% at this time.

1 Like

Nice. Let’s hope Mr. Market isn’t too disappointed(*). Did the chip shortage cost Apple much? Did the closures in China that hosted FoxConn plants cost Apple much? Did inflation cause people to put off their iDevice purchases to a later date? Will be pleasantly surprised if Apple bucks the current post earning stock pull-back trend, although it’s been beaten down much less than others so far!

(*) Hopefully they don’t switch to reading Bleak House after 5 PM today!

1 Like

Well played, sir. Well played.

Keeping with the Dickens theme, it looks to be A Tale of Two Quarters.

It was the best of quarters. It will be the less than best of quarters.

It was the best of quarters. It will be the less than best of quarters.

…Apple doesn’t give “forecasts” in the traditional sense, and hasn’t since the start of the pandemic…

…so they sandbag to keep expectations low…

…but in this market, folks sell if they get a hangnail…

…the whole analyst/forecast/beat/miss/whisper number/blah, blah, blah is nauseating…

…it’s a game to keep the market liquid and Wall Street swimming in cash…

…but you can beat all that nonsense by buying, and simply watching the company do its thing…

…I don’t understand the people who sell Apple, or will sell at 9:30:01 tomorrow morning…maybe they’re traders, hoping to scalp a few dollars here and there, who knows…

…I ain’t got time for that…

…it was a fabulous quarter, beating Apple’s own internal expectations, so clearly it’s a sell, right?..

…crazy…

5 Likes

CMFHuibs

…the whole analyst/forecast/beat/miss/whisper number/blah, blah, blah is nauseating…
…but you can beat all that nonsense by buying, and simply watching the company do its thing…
…I don’t understand the people who sell Apple, or will sell at 9:30:01 tomorrow morning…maybe they’re traders, hoping to scalp a few dollars here and there, who knows…
…I ain’t got time for that…
…it was a fabulous quarter, beating Apple’s own internal expectations, so clearly it’s a sell, right?..

…crazy

Ditto, ditto, ditto… IN SPADES.

And to think there are “financial advisors” who charge their clients green money for their ‘wise’ advice to “sell now, before it’s too late!”…

Crazy is not a strong enough word…

2 Likes