Mungofitch has left the building

That could be what they said, but I don’t believe it. Twitter allows private messages, and so does Discord and any number of other social media tools.

4 Likes

WendyBG brought me to TMF’s, but Jim kept me there. Each week, for years, I have sought out his posts to ponder his opinions and advice - in awe not only of the sage content, but of the massive amount of time he must have spent carefully crafting his posts. While each time a long-term poster leave the fold it is like a papercut, losing Jim is like cutting a hand off at the wrist.

Jim, if you read this, know that you will be missed. I wish you fair winds and following seas in all your future endeavors.

Jeff

15 Likes

You’re in the right place. That’s what everybody currently gets. It’s just a placeholder since he just acquired the URL yesterday. Keep an eye on it. It takes some time to code up a website. I’m sure it will be announced on these boards when something appears.

1 Like

I sent the COBF administrators a link to this thread.

Hopefully they’ll reach out.

This sucks! Blah Blah Blah, filling 20 silly characters.

Thank you all. Yay, and wouldn’t that be wonderful! :sunny: meaning his website!

1 Like

Well dam. I can live with this new format but can’t really live without Jim. Thanks for an amazing bunch of posts and I selfishly hope you change your mind and drop a few posts here now and then anyway. Long live Mungofitch!

8 Likes

In case you missed it in the other thread, he posted his first item which was about the major bottom detector giving a signal this week.

Happy reading!

7 Likes

Stanley, I think if i read this board right, you responded to me. Thanks.
I saw it.
I admire his insistence on privacy. Social media makes my skin crawl, so look forward to how he builds out his site. I hope it allows someway to see each other like the old board did.
Best,

4 Likes

With this new format, probably others will exit.
Will miss Jim.

2 Likes

Does anybody know who mungofitch really is?
Is he James Montier? ( FWIW, I don’t know anything about that guy either, LOL.)

I’m sure somebody here must know.
I always had an awful feeling of inevitability that one day Jim would suddenly stop posting and disappear.
I never really understood how his wife allowed him to spend so much time posting on our little message board. So I am actually happy for him to “call it quits:” and be free of this burden. At the same time, I will always be his biggest fan. I miss him already. Painfully so.

Still…
…it would be nice to know who he is.

5 Likes

Hmm… have you read “Journey to the East” by Herman Hesse lately? The parallels are uncanny. :hugs:

I believe Jim has shared his full real name with some of us privately but I’m not sure he has done so publicly so I don’t think it would be fair for me to do so.

In some of his fairly recent posts he gave some clues - about patents with his name on them.

StevnFool

3 Likes

Is there any way that somebody can send this string of posts to him? It’s a remarkable tribute for his contributions over many years.

1 Like

You can contact him through his website.

2 Likes

+++
+++

Hmmmmm!. I don’t BELIEVE any lawyers have feelings!!!

5 Likes

Huge props to Jim for his gracious insights, I learned much that I apply to this day and will beyond. Best of luck to him and his wife.

6 Likes

Sure they do. How do you think they find the pocket with your wallet?

Mike

8 Likes

Jimmy Hoffa…

with filler characters

2 Likes

Grace Kelly’s love child?

2 Likes