New banner destroys printouts

Hello Fools,

Am I the only Fool irritated by the new webpage banner (purple bar that hovers in place while scrolling pages) that now totally destroys your ability to print or save content to PDFs? The webpage banner covers up the content on the top of each printed or PDF page. The behavior is consistent across all browsers I tried (Chrome, Edge…).

As a Stock Advisor subscriber who travels very frequently, I save articles of interest to PDFs that I can review offline on flights. Now I can’t do that. I submitted feedback to the Fool and was summarily told that content is prioritized for the “online experience” and basically told “too bad”.

Wow. As a web savvy high tech executive, I think the Fool’s response is contrived because I consider the behavior a BUG and they do not consistently utilize this new webpage banner across all pages. It’s now hit and miss whether I can fully utilize the services I paid for…if this is the final answer, I am not renewing.

Irritated and Frustrated!

3 Likes

Am I the only Fool irritated by the new webpage banner

These days, probably so. Many are running ad removal SW, like ABP (Ad Block Plus). I never see banners/ads anymore. Ya might wanna give it a shot... (*yes, you can control which sites it blocks ads/banners on*)
1 Like

Simplest fix, even without an ad blocker is a selective Screen shot, your choice what area, what format, on a mac it’a Cmd+Shift+4, pick the area done… Win users likely have something similar…

Sorry this design change has caused you irritation and frustration. I’ve flagged your post for the design team, so we’ll see what comes of it.

Fuskie
Who thinks whomever said it was optimized for an online only experience was only half right because it is also optimized for a mobile experience as well, but there should also be consideration for those who want to save content for off-line consumption…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), 51Jobs (JOBS)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

2 Likes

Hello, windago,

Doug from the fool.com product team here. You are correct, this is a bug with the new navigation. Thank you for making us aware of it. I apologize you did not receive a satisfactory response from your initial contact with us about this.

Our team will look into the bug and should be able to get a fix out within the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Doug

5 Likes

windago,

Thank you for reporting the bug you found on fool.com with our print layout being affected by our new navigation bar.

Good news, we have fixed it! When you use your browser’s print feature now, you should no longer see a white banner blocking the contents of the article.

Fool On!

1 Like