New Zoom Update just now

My Windows Zoom app client just received an Update Available notice. 4.6.20033.0407 (versions list is a bit confusing in regards to the release note version hmmm)

Release Notes 4.6.9

• removes meeting ID from the title
  • move invite button
    New and enhance features
  • New security button in hosts meeting toolbar(need to try it)
    Minor bug fixes.

Clearly they had some easy changes that they could get out right away. I believe all hands are on deck.

I tried the new security button and it has a new host function to lock any additional users from joining. Guess this is zoombombimg solution.

-zane

5 Likes

ZM was just banned from GOOGL employees computers.

Rob

3 Likes

“ZM was just banned from GOOGL employees computers.”

That’s sort of like the CIA and the Feds imposing sanctions on Russia for spying.

11 Likes

Google?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

9 Likes

I just know my association, CPA British Columbia, starts to hold tons of live seminars for continuing education via zoom meetings. I think many professional may do the PD training through Zoom too. Those are paid customers for sure. Also I think zoom may be good for examinations.

Google Meet - rename marketing move:

Remote workers, meeters, streamers, and hangers-out, take note: Google’s Hangouts Meet is no longer called Hangouts Meet; it’s now called Google Meet.

The rebrand was made apparent yesterday in a Google Cloud blog post written by two of Google’s directors of product management, Karthik Lakshminarayanan and Smita Hashim. The blog post lists a number of privacy measures that Google Meet employs to keep remote meetings from being hijacked, and also refers to the service as Google Meet. Android Police found that a number of support pages had been updated with the new title as well.

-zane