OT: 11 days

Well, I officially retired from my job on 4/1. So, I’m 11 days into it. So far, so good. I won’t get my first pension check until about 5/1 though.

So, since this is mazske’s 2nd retirement, this is what I’m doing.

I start a PT job next Monday. It’s PT, but I’ll have something like 14 days of training to get through first.

I’m also working on getting my real estate license.

I also own 2 single family homes that I’m renting and I’m also buying a triplex. So, I’m a landlord.

And, I’m a CMF for the Fool.

Sure, I have my stock investments, but since I’ve never made a lot when working, I don’t have enough yet. My XIRR since 2005 has been about 16% though. So, my pot has grown, but not enough yet.

Plus, I’m 50, so what if I live to be 100? I want to make sure I have enough to last.

Oh, my first retirement was from the Navy Reserves back in 2010. I won’t get that pension until I’m 60 though.

And, if you are wondering, my PT job is going to be with the postal service.

And, since this post is OT and on Sauls investing board, there is no need to reply to it.

Fool on,

mazske

32 Likes

. So, my pot has grown, but not enough

So you must live in Colorado are now an entrepreneur in the canaboid sector?

2 Likes

I start a PT job next Monday. It’s PT, but I’ll have something like 14 days of training to get through first.

I’m also working on getting my real estate license.

I also own 2 single family homes that I’m renting and I’m also buying a triplex. So, I’m a landlord.

And, I’m a CMF for the Fool.

Hey, I thought you were retiring? This sounds like a full workload to me! :slight_smile:

DT

1 Like