PSTG Earning

PSTG getting whomped big today (down 20%), and it may be a good entry point. I did not see anything horrendous in the earnings. No current position, but tempted to put 5% in.

3 Likes

Saw this on TD:

*Pure Storage shares are trading lower after the company reported worse-than-expected Q1 EPS and sales results.

Benzinga

Not sure if you saw this, but dont agree with the sentiment…

I was in PSTG twice about a year or so ago. Loved the story and the narrative, and bought in… about -20% later I got out. Seems the story is the same now, just need to round one more corner and then the riches will come to the patient. In the meantime my reinvestments from my PSTG funds are up over 100% in the past year and I am much happier and less stressed without PSTG in my portfolio. Good luck to those who still hold, but keep in mind the cost of time. Many of the investment stories of stocks followed here are simpler and are actually playing out as described (TWLO, MDB, ZS, TTD, AYX, etc…). IMHO this makes for safer investment in the high growth space if one is watching things diligently.

21 Likes

“stocks followed here are simpler and are actually playing out as described (TWLO, MDB, ZS, TTD, AYX, etc…). IMHO this makes for safer investment in the high growth space if one is watching things diligently.”

I own the exact same stocks like most everyone else on this board. Great, they are in a great uptrend and we all agree, over and over and over again.

believe it not there are other opportunities that come along. Yes it would have sucked to have owned shares into this sell off, but I would never fault someone who looks at the numbers, looks at the estimates going forward and decided that the risk reward tilted towards owning shares at 15.50 with an eye on the next 3 years.

It’s ok to own companies growing 25%. Maybe not on this board, but unless you are one that is willing to invest in only 5 to 8 names that everyone seems to be down to, there are other companies that can be owned going forward.

7 Likes

It’s ok to own companies growing 25%. Maybe not on this board, but unless you are one that is willing to invest in only 5 to 8 names that everyone seems to be down to, there are other companies that can be owned going forward.

Yes, PSTG continues to have solid 28-30% growth and is very undervalued according to the numbers. There is a disconnect between the stock price and fundamentals. There may be some unknown bringing it down, knee jerk selling due to the recent minimal miss or serious doubts about the long term potential for growth in its niche. My expert sources suggest this is not the case and this is a huge buying opportunity. Given the disconnect, I am not doing anything with my PSTG position at this point.

I also have most of my portfolio in the hyper growth names doing very well. But they are high priced likely due to some significant momentum buying. Momentum buying seems to have bid up recent IPO’s to crazy prices as well - Beyond Meat is exhibit A in this regard.

I do think it’s reasonable to have some money outside this very high priced hyper growth group.

dave

8 Likes