Random Login Failed Notice

I’m getting the request for login and then login failed notice. When I refresh things seem to go back to normal. Did you make some adjustments over the weekend?

AC just letting you know

2 Likes

Thanks, AC.

As far as I can tell, it was a relatively quiet weekend at FoolHQ. Since you were able to resolve the issue with a quick refresh, I might tend to think it was a simple caching issue.

Fuskie
Who notes it could also have been a hiccup with the authentication service provider but he saw nothing in the news about any kind of widespread internet issue…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), JFrog (FROG), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), Blackbaud (BLKB), StitchFix (SFIX)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

Besides following these TMF boards in the computer browser, I also read some on the iPhone via Firefox. Firefox knows my password. Every now and then - such as this morning - TMF tells me I have to log in on my phone. Then I put in my email address (or my RHinCT handle, same result) and Firefox provides my password. It NEVER works! It then offers me the option of logging in with a token. I choose that option, and enter the number when it arrives. Then I am all set for a few weeks. When I have to log in from my computer via browser, Firefox provides the SAME password, and it works.

That has been going on for many months. As long as I do get in, somehow, I haven’t seen the point of taxing TMF’s tech folks.

(Which seems bizarre, but not as bizarre as my email. Mostly I use the remain-logged-in option, but eventually it wants me to log in again. Most of the time it rejects my password and I have to go through receiving a text with a code that lets me in. Then it makes me change my password, for which I enter THE EXACT SAME PASSWORD AS BEFORE. It accepts it.)

1 Like

I haven’t seen the point of taxing TMF’s tech folks.

Ha, what tech folks? They got rid of the good one 2 or 3 years ago.

3 Likes

I’m getting the request for login and then login failed notice. When I refresh things seem to go back to normal.

About every two weeks, the TMF web site requests that I log in. It did that a few days ago.
I do not get a login failed notice.

1 Like

About every two weeks, the TMF web site requests that I log in. It did that a few days ago.

I get that too. Perhaps the “authentication service/server” is periodically rebooted.

I just refreshed my TMF page, and the result was a request to logo in, followed a nano-second later by a notice that the log-in had failed, followed a nano-second later by the notice that I am forbidden to acces TMF. So I just went back until I was back at the page I had tried to refresh. And everything was okay.

I was also asked to log in yesterday, but I backstepped.

=sheila

2 Likes

I was also asked to log in yesterday, but I backstepped.

You can’t believe how much sense that makes. Congratulations.

You can’t believe how much sense that makes. Congratulations.

If you can get around the login request the code is buggy as hell!

BTW, I haven’t had problems logging in for quite a while now.

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes

Refreshed the page just now and ended up having to log in again. Backstepping didn’t work this time.

=sheila