Rock and hard place

I did a bike trip with a company last summer that went very well. I signed up for a different trip this year. This year’s trip didn’t have enough people and isn’t going. It is a small company but I seem to be having issues getting my deposit returned. First, the owner didn’t get around to sending the check before leaving on another trip. Then she asked about Venmo and I sent the information I thought she needed and then requested payment from her. So far, crickets.

I hate paying with anything other than a credit card for lots of reasons and this kind of seals my resolve not to do it in the future. I will even pay a feee to use a CC because of its benefits.

I figure one more attempt(which would be #3) and then provide reviews about this in lots of places. It’s $1000…

I figure one more attempt(which would be #3) and then provide reviews about this in lots of places. It’s $1000…

There’s also small claims court. For that amount, could be worth it.

Jim

There’s also small claims court. For that amount, could be worth it.

It’s on the list but it is in another state. However, I would go for the $1000 and the cost of retrieval.

I will even pay a feee to use a CC because of its benefits.

+++
+++

FYI:

Around here {touristy Gulf Coast area around Destin} local restaurants have recently taken to adding “non cash transaction” fees ranging from 2% to 3.99% [soooo far] to every bill.

We live in interesting times.

sunray
a man who eats the Food & pays the Fee

1 Like