With only 7 days or so left in May, the portfolio is having one of its best months in a very long time. Without getting really down to it with a hawk eyed level of precise precision, the portfolio is up somewhere around +20%. Could be a little more - could be a little less. The real question of course is simply - will it hold? Dunno - but its been like old fun times of the Bull run of yesteryear. Sorta.
So…where does the roster stand? Well first, there have been three player cuts over the last couple of days:
The Pro NET folks convinced me to re-open a position in NET - and so I did : at $49.16 on the 15th; Which, after reading several articles shouting BEWARE The AI HYPE, I sold it (alas) today at the close for $57.84. Short 4 day profit of +17.5%.
Also today I sold out of TSLA: bought also on the 15th for $167.32 and sold today at $179.91 for a short term gain of +7.4%.
Lastly, subsequent to the UPST ER, I read a post by Saul questioning the original abandonment sell of UPST. Lots of comments and responses - and, being the lemming I am - I then opened a marginal sized position at $17.10 on May 15 also. I was prepared to cut and run if worse came to worse but then the dang thing took off. Long story short, I actually sold it yesterday during AHs trading in several lumps for an average price of $24.70. Short term gain was a couple of days and +44%.
Have no idea why I just suddenly decided to sell all three - and given a decent enough retreat intend to buy back two of them. The problem being, of course, that the market has to cooperate - and, my history of having a hair trigger is that a lot of times the stocks I tend to sell continue upward for a bit; which, really doesn’t matter all that much when I am maintaining core positions. But in these three instances - I have sold out completely. So I’ll guess I’ll see if I get another opportunity.
Here is where the Portfolio roster currently is:
B) The Bench
And thats that.
Today Bert came out with renewed admiration for S and I started to add - well to S and to GLBE as well. But - GLBE has made a nice strong run into its ER this coming Monday so I thought I would leave well enough alone.
So the team is jolly fat with a high percentage of cash now with the usual suspects on deck if things fall off a bit.
I have several TBs pending all hanging around the +5-8% range that I should pull the trigger on - but, I just haven’t. We’ll see how it goes in the next 7 days or so.
All the Best,