YeeHaw!!

I got a good-night aide at last :smiley:

She started today. Arrived at 4:30, got the hubster in bed, changed him to his night Depends (diaper style), fed him dinner, left at 5:30. Lives 15 minutes from us and willing to come for just an hour 6d/week–and 2 hrs on Tuesdays so I can go to the farmer’s market :smiley: She’s a nursing student, strong, good w/the hubster, and very friendly. He smiled at her. So did I :wink:

17 Likes

:slight_smile:

=sheila

Now that he takes 2 clonopin after dinner, he usually stays in bed all night. He wakes up 1-3 times, but hasn’t the strength to stand–or sometimes even to open his eyes (still wakes me up, though).

If I could only get someone to come at 6:30am to get the hubster out of bed and into the den and change his Depends. He’s very wet every night, but with the heftier night diaper, he doesn’t usually overflow beyond the chux–at least if an aide or nurse put it on. I am less skilled. Once or twice a week he sleeps very late (till 8am+) and if it’s aide Shaina’s day, she’s here to get him up (yay!).

ASIDE
In addition to the other ways she and SIL helped me during their visit, DD showed me how to set my new dishwasher so the cycle is only an hour long–energy-saving, lowers electric bill, more convenient :slight_smile: Too bad the manual wasn’t clear on that point. Yes, I read it, but I confess my eyes often glaze over with manuals. My Honda manual is a blessed exception. Every sping and fall when I need to change the clock, I look up “clock” in the index, am directed to the right page and can easily follow the instructions. Sorry, no–I can’t remember how to do it from one time to the next. I was never good at remembering arbitrary things, and it’s gotten worse with age.

1 Like

PS–2/3 of our middle class (real middle, not upper middle) goes to his caregivers now =8-0

PS–2/3 of our middle class (real middle, not upper middle) goes to his caregivers now =8-0

I am not quite understanding what you are sharing.
Are you talking about spending 2/3 of your income on aides or
that 2/3 of middle-class income earners will provide care
for someone?

Are you talking about spending 2/3 of your income on aides

Yes