Email issues - OT?

Unclear where this might be the best place since they closed our Apple User/Help board…

Anyway, it’s more an at&t email problem, but goes back to when we had, in my case, a user@pacbell.net addresses, at the time, their DSL service. And it continued to work OK after we flipped to comcast.net email… gradually moved contacts/connections to the comcast email…

But then something broke, it wasn’t working, old days, best fix was to delete the account, add it back into either iPhone or Mac’s MS Outlook… But for whatever reason, Outlook refuses to connect like it should. But then I found I could access the pacbell account via Yahoo online, so, OK, I at least could check, dump the spam, junk… Also DW’s similar account…

Then today, even the Yahoo access resisted, wouldn’t accept the password, must reset… Did that, but it still mucks around, still cannot set up an Outlook account… tried Mail, it also is messed up… Only place it’s happy is on my iPhone…

I blame some on Outlook, some on Mail, the whole login process seems so tedious… Spent a couple hours, did get emails that I had in fact updated the password, but then I tried going to the account, via Yahoo, and that fails the login…

No real serious connections are left, but I’d like to just clean up the mess…

Maybe it’s Outlook? Maybe just at&t, or maybe because I’m on a Mac?

weco
(it used to be so simple!)

1 Like

I use this board for Apple user issues too. I find the people here knowledgable and helpful. Unfortunately for you, I am neither on your issue.

Maybe it’s Outlook? Maybe just at&t, or maybe because I’m on a Mac?

…as it works on your iPhone, and not on your Mac, perhaps it’s a certificate issue?..

…I’ve found it necessary to accept new certificates from time to time on my aging iMac to keep the spam coming…

…as it works on your iPhone, and not on your Mac, perhaps it’s a certificate issue?..

…I’ve found it necessary to accept new certificates from time to time on my aging iMac to keep the spam coming…

I’ve no idea where to find new certificates for what is now an at&t account, previously a pacbell.net account… As I’m no longer their broadband DSL service customer, I wasn’t successful in accessing that support site… While I do still carry their landline, those folks don’t handle broadband issues… The chatbot runs me around in circles, reset password, then not accepting it in Outlook…

In earlier times, even when off on vacation, away from home, if either my, or DW’s pacbell.net account was messed up, removing, replacing it generally resolved things… Those days are gone it seems, So it’s a hobby now, a frustrating one, I let it go, ignore it, but try again weeks later, hoping for a solid access setup, so far, it’s not happening…