HomeKit Issues? HomePods @ Amazon?

A while back I looked all about, for a doorbell camera, best compatible with my Mac home, AppleTV, computers, iPhones, watches, and settled in on Logitech Circle View Doorbell, as advertised on Apple’s own sales page…

Installation went OK, I did have to change my hallway doorbell from electronic to the older style longer, but they provide an adapter as part of the setup…

Went well, initially, I used the Apple4K TV unit as the hub, dinked around, and everything worked, camera, otifications, a fun project, seemingly solid, but…

Once before I noted I wasn’t getting Notifications, and the hallway doorbell wasn’t bonging when the doorbell button was pressed… Video is fine, I can watch the leaves of our front yard Alder flutter in the breeze… Took it out of it’s backplate, reset it to factory, did it’s setup, adding it back into the Hub, and it was OK again…

Then this past week I noticed I wasn’t getting Notification again… Hmmm… Fiddled with Settings, set a Zone, still no bonking, but Notifications were good again… Unclear what I did to wake it up again…

So next i wonder if the AppleTV may be sleeping, not acting right, checked its settings, all OK, so then looked into using a HomePod Mini as the hub, I’ve an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but looking there, I fond they don’t sell the Apple Mini! They sell other Alle stuff, AirPods, Mini, nut not the HomePod Mini!

What’s up with that? Why is Apple missing a sales distribution channel??

weco

1 Like

So next i wonder if the AppleTV may be sleeping, not acting right, checked its settings, all OK, so then looked into using a HomePod Mini as the hub, I’ve an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but looking there, I fond they don’t sell the Apple Mini! They sell other Alle stuff, AirPods, Mini, nut not the HomePod Mini!

What’s up with that? Why is Apple missing a sales distribution channel??
Direct competition with Amazon Alexa - a ‘quid pro quo’ for Apple not stocking Amazon’s products in Apple stores? That would be my guess and is pretty typical for technology companies that own retail channels.

Direct competition with Amazon Alexa - a ‘quid pro quo’ for Apple not stocking Amazon’s products in Apple stores? That would be my guess and is pretty typical for technology companies that own retail channels.

Possibly, but they carry a lot of HomePod accessories as well s other Apple products, I just happened to hit on the missing link I guess… Looking there mostly because I had that gift card…And my elderly Harmon Kardon Soundsticks could be replaced for my needs with a HomePod Mini…

The Logitech doorbell is included in the Apple store, actually a lot of information in the Apple Discussion boards… I seem to have stumbled on the fix to my initial headache from those notes…

thanks for the note…