MF board functionality? Help1

Please explain this to me: If I click on “Mark Read” on Saul’s board (from my “Favorite Boards”), I cannot then, for the life of me, figure out how to go back and look at a list of previous posts in chronological order (for that particular board, not a particular stock). Can someone tell me how to view this?
Very frustrating. I am not a fan of the functionality of MF boards. Weirdest logic ever.

1 Like

Are you looking at them unthreaded?

Yes, look at them unthreaded. Go to the window that shows up when you press on the board name (it will have the name of the last post), and then just click the “prev” button.

I hope that helps

Threaded/Unthreaded. Doesn’t seems to matter. Once I click “Mark Read”, I can’t see a history of posts in Saul’s Board again. If someone happens to reply to a particular thread, only then will I see that thread again.

“Mark Read” clears out the inbox, so to speak. But if I’m thinking about a thread that was updated a week ago, for example, I can’t find it. I’m probably doing something really stupid or missing some obvious point, but what is that tidbit? A list of threads on Saul’s Board, chronological? Newest to oldest?

“Yes, look at them unthreaded. Go to the window that shows up when you press on the board name (it will have the name of the last post), and then just click the “prev” button.”

Okay, that was the missing step. Thanks, Saul!!! Help from the man himself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go here and search the page for Saul then click on the link:

http://discussion.fool.com/FavoriteBoards.asp?sortby=new

Bill

FoolDadu,

Some things to look at/play with in the Board view:

1. Where the “7 Days” drop-down is, clicking the green arrow button will take you back or forward 7 days in the list. More options up to 365 days are available in the drop-down list. The selection remains in effect until you go to a different board.

2. Sorting by Author of Recs. If you are looking for a particular post or all posts for a person, click a post by that person, then click the board name, in this case Saul’s Investing Discussions, then click the Author link at the top of the column, voila! (Hint: the post at the top of the list is the name it will be sorted on.)

There are a lot of little features/tricks in the board system.

Gene

2 Likes