OT: This is just a test to check the new interface

Testing, 1-2-3…, 1-2-3…, 1-2-3…, 1-2-3…, 1-2-3…,

2 Likes

I see your post.

Does anyone know if there is a mobile app for the MF?

3 Likes

This new format is awful

12 Likes

This new format is awful

Going to take a while to get used to.

2 Likes

The software seems fully function in a mobile browser

2 Likes

I’m on my Apple phone, however, I’m old and not tech savvy hence anything new takes me a while to get comfortable. Good luck to you.

1 Like

This format is completely unusable on desktops since it appears to be formatted for iphones. Ditto with huge typeface.

2 Likes

Can you show us a screenshot? I use the desktop all the time and find it easier than mobile (it has the same functions, they are sometimes just more hidden on mobile.

And you can adjust the typeface in your preferences. I put mine on normal but some folks like it larger.

(here’s a direct link to your preferences: https://discussion.fool.com/u/livefromhopkins/preferences/account)

1 Like

I can’t imagine viewing this on a phone. Even a tablet might not be good.
A logical presentation might be just a one-line entry (topic, author, timestamp, number of replies - or similar) that opens up when clicked to show the full text starting at the unread posts.
Although maybe you can show us how to compact the text somehow.
Also, the avatar seems to be our real initials rather than say our screen name initials. That doesn’t feel right.

3 Likes

Hey Neuromancer

You can replace the avatar with your own picture (not necessarily of you but anything you like) but we are looking at putting something generic in there instead of your initials.

I use the platform all the time on my phone, in mobile mode, and my iPad, using desktop mode. it’s not that different. (I prefer desktop, but I’m GenX).

You can change your text size in your preferences - go to the Interface Section and pick a different size -the default is Larger - I took mine down to normal almost immediately)

Direct Link to your preferences:

Where is preferences? I can’t find it anywhere.

Preferences is a bit more hidden than I would like - here’s what to do:

1. Click your initials in the upper right
  2. Click the human icon all the way at the bottom
  3. Choose Preferences from the list

You can also click your own initials in a post, then click them again on the user card that pops up - that takes you to your profile where you can see your activity, notifications, and preferences at the end.