"Russia is targeting all of Europe"

Russia is targeting all of Europe with its invasion of Ukraine, and stopping Moscow’s aggression is essential for the security of all democracies, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said as Russian forces prepared for battle in the east of his country.

Addressing the “free people of a brave country,” Zelenskyy said in a late night video message to Ukrainians that Russia’s war aim “was not intended to be limited to Ukraine alone” and the “entire European project is a target.”

“That is why it is not just the moral duty of all democracies, all the forces of Europe, to support Ukraine’s desire for peace,” he said. ”This is, in fact, a strategy of defense for every civilized state.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-kyiv-bor…

7 Likes

Meanwhile, the NBC evening “news” was in hysterics about a new Russian army convoy of doom. Eight miles long this time.

“News” also reported Russian Army running low on cannon fodder, trying to induce vets who have already been discharged over the years to re-up.

Steve

5 Likes

trying to induce vets who have already been discharged over the years to re-up.

Must be a tough decision when the signing bonus is in rubles.

I live in England

Russia’s economy is the size of Italy’s and declining fast. What wealth there is has been stolen by Putin and his oligarchs. I’ve travelled in Russia and once you get out of the showcase cities like Moscow and St Petersburgh you see what a poor country it is.

The failure of the Ukrainian war has shown that Russia’s military is a paper tiger, ill equipt and poorly trained.

We were warned that Russia was going to launch ciber tracks on us but it turns out that Western intelligence has the upper hand. The USA even predicted the day the war would start which indicates that Russia’s cyber security is as good as its military.

Germany is now rearming and Sweden and Finland look set to join NATO.

I suspect that Putin’s day are numbered and his whoever takes over will be making fiendly gestures to the rest of Europe trying to convince us that they really are nice guys.

I don’t worry too much about Russia attacking us or the rest of Europe, although i’m sure that Putin would like to.

I suspect that Putin’s day are numbered and his whoever takes over will be making fiendly gestures to the rest of Europe trying to convince us that they really are nice guys.

“Putin’s day are numbered” Hopefully!

“whoever takes over will be making fiendly [sic] gestures” Don’t bet on it. A bear is a bear and does not change its claws. Russia needs the same medicine Japan and Germany got.

The Captain

1 Like

A bear is a bear and does not change its claws

True, but it can hide them until your back is turned

1 Like