Staying open?

Since I do not see a notice over this board, I assume that it’s staying open? It might see some new activity as people evacuate the closing boards. Anyhow, Hello.
Barbara

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Looks like its open. I wonder why no posters? Everybody probably thinks its closed :frowning:

BruceM

1 Like

"Hmmmm. Looks like its open. I wonder why no posters? Everybody probably thinks its closed :frowning:

BruceM "

Us’un retired folk are either too busy to post, forget to post, forget what we were posting before
we got to the end and left the site, or figure that no one is really that interested in what we
might post anyway so pass.

Howie52
Busy.
Busy.
Busy.

And where did I put my glasses?

7 Likes

And where did I put my glasses?

Have you checked your forehead?

ImAGolfer

3 Likes

We’re all just wandering around, trying to get our bearings in this new Fool environment, and witnessing, yet again, market turmoil.

I’m still here. We can make it work Bruce. :slight_smile:

Lucky Dog

2 Likes

Have you checked your forehead?

I literally did that in the store the other day. I was at the cash register, needed my glasses to look at the cc machine, patting my pockets, couldn’t find them, said something like “I think I left my glasses on the shelf back there.” Cashier points at my head, says “I think that’s them.” Yep.

I felt like an idiot.

5 Likes

“I felt like an idiot.”

Universal membership is a featured benefit of being human.

Howie52
I deal with my own idiocy by laughing at myself loudly and regularly.

After all, retired folks are always told to stay regular.

5 Likes

Hey – here’s an open board! Whaddaya know?

Good morning, all!

Vermonter

6 Likes

Hiya Vermonter,

Good to see you here.

Inheritance strategies and Estate planning are still open, and Taking care of parents, too. Any other open boards you know of where we can find familiar names?

Trini

1 Like

Trini:

Weird, isn’t it? I guess Retired Fools is still open…

Vermonter

Hey Trini. Good to see a post from you. Hope all is well.

Regards,

ImAGolfer

Thanks, ImAGolfer. I’ve been here all along, and never miss a day checking in at TMF and reading posts on my favorite boards. In a couple of weeks I’ll turn 85, and I still garden, cook, walk the dog, and have all my marbles (well, most of them.) Several years ago I bought myself an iPad, and now sit in my recliner or lounge on the sofa instead of sitting at a desk upstairs in front of my giant iMac screen, and typing on my iPad on a picture of a keypad with two fingers is so tedious that I mostly just lurk!

I’m truly heartbroken to lose so many friends at once since most of my favorite boards closed down!

Hello? Hello? Who else is out there? Please post and let us know!

Trini

1 Like

I’m still here, mostly lurking, sadly looking for my fav boards and cyber- friends- some moved over to Discord and I glance there too. Sigh……
Tuni ( lonesome)

I’ve been here all along, and never miss a day checking in at TMF and reading posts on my favorite boards.

Yea, like you the Fool is part of the daily routine and the recent change was upsetting but we’re trying to get used to it.

I’m 78 and we are coming up on our 56th anniversary next week. Still play golf three times a week and the boss still has her antique stall. I frequently act as driver/bodyguard during our weekend estate sale visits. Can’t have too many treasures for resale.

Take care.

ImAGolfer

3 Likes

…typing on my iPad on a picture of a keypad with two fingers is so tedious that I mostly just lurk!

Just sayin’: you can buy a keyboard that connects to your iPad via bluetooth and type away on that.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/how-to-conn…

5 Likes

Yep. There are keyboards for iPads, but they’re hard to use when you’re flat on your back on the sofa!

Trini