Thud!

It seems our related support boards have been Closer this morning…

Sad to see it…

Definitely cut the Favorites to less than half…

Change is in the air…

1 Like

Looks like this board will be both for both investing in AAPL and investing and supporting Apple products.

3 Likes

It can work, my momentary irritation will pass, too, I suppose.

Looks like this board will be both for both investing in AAPL and investing and supporting Apple products.

It can work, my momentary irritation will pass, too, I suppose.

Yes, it can work. It requires that the participants from the closed boards with the expertise follow this board as they did those others. Or perhaps new experts have to be grown? Time will tell.

1 Like

The Apple User Group board should have remained open. the others, iOS, WatchOS, etc, easily would fold into it…
The spreadsheet board also should have remained…

Not our call, obviously…

3 Likes

With all due respect, if this board turns into a apple fan club, instead of a forum for those of us who look to the company as an investment (and don’t live in the iOS environment), then the membership will probably dwindle. I invest based on company fundamentals and momentum, and not based on anecdotes about the best feature, or something about how one uses the product. I get it, that ease of use and feature set affect a company’s top line - but as an investor, I’m looking for something else.

A number of boards I followed (hobbies mostly) have been shuttered - and since the “Fool” seems to have changed focus from a place to be educated and to educated to a (costly) investment advisory shop, I expect more and more of will be bailing. BTW, same thing is happening with AAII…

…funny, I thought the “thud” was in reference to my portfolio…

2 Likes

…funny, I thought the “thud” was in reference to my portfolio…

Well, yes, this past week, today, could be costly, IF one had to sell, hopefully no needs arise…

Just another bump in the long APPL holdings, well, now they seem to have been turning green as I reply… Maybe not so bad after all!

With all due respect, if this board turns into a apple fan club, instead of a forum for those of us who look to the company as an investment (and don’t live in the iOS environment), then the membership will probably dwindle.

Maybe you weren’t an active reader in the earliest days of this board, but it was very much a fan club a long time ago. Before Jobs returned, Apple was “circling the drain”, it was generally considered a poor investment, and about the only things people posted – myself included, for a long time – were about how great Macs were compared to Wintel PCs and how “the market simply didn’t understand Apple.”

It continued as a fan club after Jobs returned and started introducing hit after hit. It was very easy to be a fanboy, with good reason.

I doubt this board will ever become dominated by the old style of fanboy ever again, but there will always be some around, including new ones who discover the Mac or iOS. And given history, I see no reason to believe that they will cause the membership to dwindle.

-awlabrador

4 Likes